Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Perfection in moment

As the delicate aroma from the fresh Japanese green tea wafts up on thin tendrils of steam into my nostrils, the perfection of the moment is so strong I know I must write about it. I awoke at 5 AM from surreal dreams, where I was happily sleeping under the sky in a clearing in the forest. A beautiful dream that I slowly drifted out of until I was awake and lay smiling in my bed, excited to meet my day. Excited and already thinking about the assignment I am working on.

Late last night, I wandered with a friend, along rivers of orange wildflowers under the full moon, over limestone, glowing pale white in the moonlight, to a hillcountry river where we sat and talked spontaneously about life. It was pure joy, a feeling of vital aliveness, simply by being in the serendipity of the moment, in nature, with a friend.

I sit now drinking fresh green tea, straight from Japan, and delicate Korean pastries, just arrived from Korea two days ago, all gifted to me by the generosity of my friend, and the morning slowly comes to life, darkness fading to pale light, birds awakening and singing, grey clouds scuttling over the sky, and the air still and silent. The cold tingling on my ears. There is a warm soft fire of happiness in my belly and heart. Every morning, when I wake up to this beauty, I feel the excitement as though it were Christmas or my birthday, and I wish everyone could wake up each day with that magic feeling--today is special, today is my birthday.

The magic of the tea, of the cold morning, the world waking up around me, the doves cooing at my feet, the promise of the future, the joy of engaging in the challenge of my graduate studies all conspire to create a joy in my blood and brain and body.

Six days left, one assignment, one final. Then...into the wild, into the unknown, into nature, into mountains streams and trees and canyons, and waves, and the arms of loving friends.

Avanti! Avanti into the open arms of this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment